If you're like the rest of the state, stuck inside at home due to the weather, consider putting your energy into something productive like meal prepping!
Here's a hearty, paleo-inspired chili that you can use inside that Instant Pot you got for Christmas! ;) It's simple and tasty!
2 Tbsp avocado oil
1 small red onion diced
2 large carrots peeled and chopped
1 green bell pepper cored and chopped
4 cloves garlic omit for Low-FODMAP
1 pound grass-fed ground beef
1 pound ground turkey
1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 (15-ounce) cans pureed pumpkin
1 cup chicken bone broth
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp sea salt to taste
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Turn your Instant Pot on to Saute and add the oil. Wait for the Instant Pot to heat up for a minute or two then add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to sweat, about 3 minutes. Add the carrots, pepper, and garlic and continue cooking another 2 minutes.
2. Add the ground beef and ground turkey and mix into the vegetables. Cook until the meat has browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
4. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and press the Chili function and set the time to 20 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to release for 10 to 15 minutes, or quick release with the vent.
5. Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
Full recipe here: https://www.theroastedroot.net/instant-pot-paleo-pumpkin-chili/